Ford F-Series: Fifth Consecutive Winner Of Motor Trend Truck of the Year
Ford has been the leading truck in America for 40 straight years and this year is definitely no exception. The new 2018 Ford F-150 has been crowned the Motor Trend Truck of the Year—the 5th consecutive victory for the Ford F-Series trucks!
Motor Trend’s editor In chief, Ed Loh, said, “this year’s competition was fierce, but the vote was unanimous. The newly redesigned 2018 F-150 exceeded our expectations in every category—powertrain, performance, technology, and overall execution.”
Impressive New Features for F-150 Trucks
The 2018 line of F-150 trucks have received a lot of praise for the newly added cosmetic and performance features that made this pickup truck stand out from the competition. The F-150 line has different trims that come with its own unique features and upgrades that accommodate for each driver’s needs and desires in a pickup truck.
For those who want a fuel efficient, yet tough truck, the 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine delivers the best mileage with an EPA-estimated rating of 20 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. If a driver needs a strong truck, the 3.5L EcoBoost can tow up to 13,200 pounds. Even the 2.7L Lariat V6 was said to feel like a V8 with “no perceivable lag” and the chassis smoothed out uneven roads for a smooth ride while maintaining steering precision.
Some additional upgrades to the 2018 F150 line include:
- Enhanced powertrain, driver-assist, Pro Trailer Backup Assist and multi-angle 360 degree camera system
- New exterior features like grilles, bumpers, headlights, tail lamps
- Color & material changes for seats, instrument panels, and console trim for XLT Sport, XLT Special Edition, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and Limited F-150 trims
- B&O Play audio system by Harmon available
- Nearly 180 degree-opening rear-hinged doors on Supercab trucks for maximum cab utility
- The 450hp 510lb torque, Raptor’s twin-turbo 3.5 L Ecoboost engine with SelectShift 10-speed automatic with normal, tow, wet, sport drive modes, six-mode Terrain Management System, and military-grade aluminum body’
There are many more amazing updates and new features to the new Ford F-150 trucks. Come down to Sarasota Ford today to see for yourself why it was named the truck of the year.