Ford Edge or Honda CR-V: Which Is the Better Choice for You?
Looking to upgrade your vehicle to the Ford Edge or Honda CR-V? If so, you have a difficult decision to make. Here is a brief comparison to help you decide which vehicle is the right choice for you.
The Honda CR-V has a reputation for being a versatile and reliable compact crossover that meets most buyers’ needs. Some of its most notable features include:
- Good fuel economy of 28 mpg estimated combined (26 mpg city and 32 mpg highway)
- 184 SAE net horsepower at 6400 RPM
- 180 SAE net torque at 3900 RPM
- 14-gallon fuel tank capacity
Drawbacks of the CR-V include its somewhat clunky appearance and lack of safety tech and advanced engine in the base LX model.
Like the CR-V, the 2017 Ford Edge is known for its reliability. It also offers precise steering, which makes it a pleasure to drive. Additional features include:
- Decent fuel economy of 24 mpg estimated combined (21 mpg city and 29 mpg highway)
- 245 SAE net horsepower at 5500 RPM
- 275 SAE net torque at 3000 RPM
- 18 gallon fuel tank capacity
While the Ford Edge performs better in terms of horsepower and torque, the Honda CR-V is a clear winner in fuel economy. While the CR-V scored slightly higher than the Ford Edge in online reviews, both vehicles offer great reliability and value.